Hallelujah! Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus,
Recently a few slanderous messages were spread among the church members by internet and emails. In these emails, and websites, are thesis’s that have yet to achieve our common agreement. There are also messages that attempt to damage the reputation of the church and thereby mislead the members. Please provide guidance to your local members in confrontation with the confusion caused by these messages. Below please find the guidelines:
1. Any slanderous letter sent by disguised or anonymous writers should be ignored. Do not forward such letters to other members. These letters can only cause disputes, divisions and disorder within the church.
“Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. …But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.” (Jas 3:13-18)
“And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints. Let all things be done decently and in order.” (1Cor 14:32-33, 40)
2. If there is any complaint or grievance against the church workers, it shall follow the below procedure which is based on the biblical teachings (ref: Mt 18:15-17):
(1) Any accusation should be first presented to the local church council before it is brought to the relevant Parish Region, GA or IA’s related department for investigation.
(2) The director of relevant IA department shall report to the IA Standing Committee, which, with due consideration, may bring the matter to the IA Executive Council to resolve.
The IA Executive Council is established by the World Delegates Conference and entrusted by all churches. Its mandate includes the investigation of such cases. The IA EXCO will handle the cases based on Biblical principles and in accordance with the church’s rules and regulations.
3. The guidelines to handle any disputes derived from differing perspectives concerning the truth:
The IA Truth Research Committee (TRC), comprised of TRC members representing their respective GAs and CBs, serves to research, discuss and resolve issues presented. The TRC resolutions, after being adopted by the World Delegates Conference, become the common beliefs of our church, and shall be honored by all churches.
The resolutions of IA TRC are posted in the bulletin of IA English and Chinese websites. Please refer to the IA websites, the Holy Spirit Monthly, and Manna Magazine for these resolutions. Any disagreement about the resolutions may be submitted through proper channel for re-discussion at the TRC meeting. It is inappropriate to insist on one’s own opinion and stubbornly oppose the church decisions.
4. The IA commiserates with the members who had been bewildered by the above-mentioned online messages, which will be handled prudently according to the rules and regulations of the church.
5. Please help to guide the members in your locality to discern the matters, reminding them to abide with the teachings of the Bible and to follow the guidance of the church. May the grace and peace of our Lord be with you all. Amen.