In the name of Jesus, we praise God for his guidance to recount his blessing in Sacramento area.
In the mid 1990’s, it started with member came to Sacramento area for work. Gradually, there are students at University of California Davis and American River College. Service started with two members got together for Wednesday Bible study and drive down to attend Sabbath service at Pacifica church about 100 miles away. As more members relocated to Sacramento area grow, we decided to have Sabbath locally once a month, added twice/month, three times/month then all Sabbath, then all Sabbath service were held locally.
2000: Start Sabbath service locally at Sacramento once a month.
-September: change to Sabbath twice a month.
-May: Members’ meeting voted to establish Sacramento True Jesus Church House of Prayer.
-October: first Spiritual Convocation at member Roger and Shirley’s house.
-Start council meeting once a month
-March: Bowling activity
-April: Spring Evangelical and Spiritual Convocation.
First baptism: Kenneth W. Widjaja at flowing rivers where two big rivers (American river and Sacramento River) converge.
-October: Evangelical and Spiritual Convocation
Open House evangelical service at a rental Church site
Spring Evangelical and Spiritual Convocation
-Special members’ activities (Mother’s day, Religious Education commencement ceremony, Elderly celebration, Annual Congregational meeting)
- Training (religious education and service training including hymn conducting class, interpreter class, sermon speaking class, personal evangelical class, Religious Education Teacher’s training)
-Truth Seeker Class
-Gospel Night twice a year
-Evangelical service twice a year
-Advertise on newspaper
1. Look for church purchase and rental (Mass mailing, mass telephone, several realtor agencies)
2. Set up church working organization
3. Promote service training
4. Improve worship service: ½ hr early start before Sabbath sermon service (prayer and hymn singing)
5. Improve Prayer: Sunday night council member’s contact and prayer requests